18 August 2008

The Power of the Written Word

Words, even written words, can be so powerful and have the ability to profoundly affect how one feels. I often read blogs which make me laugh or feel a little sad but rarely do I read posts which do both those things and make me cry.
Dan Leone is a father of three children who does not believe in god/gods and his father is ill. I urge you to click on the link to his post here:
Good Company is More Important Than Good Wine.
I don't know this man, have never met him and yet his words have stayed with me. They may do the same for you.

9 comments:

Ronnica said...

You're definitely right about the power of the written word. Reminds me that I need to be careful not only of what I say (which I fail too often) but also of what I write.

Cassy said...

Excellent - thanks for sharing the link. Those kinds of moments are both so painful and memorable.

Anonymous said...

That is the beauty of blogging, it introduces you to people that you never would have met, but they change your life in real and profound ways.

Original GRITS said...

Thank you. Once again, proof that we all have a story and I have bookmarked his blog because his is a story that I want to follow. His way of writing and talking about his life and the life of his father, that relationship, is food for the soul.

As always, my best...
Barb

Unknown said...

The written world is truly powerful and one of the main reasons that I so enjoy my exploration of the internet. As I call it - The Great Unifier.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise to see that you mentioned my blog. I cannot wait to devour your blog now!

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Take care!

Dan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for opening yet another door, Zee.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation

Marky said...

Words are really powerful! I definitely agree!

The Green Man In His Green World
Tiklaton